[oi-dev] upgrading to oi_151a blocking on hard drive.
t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:25:14 UTC 2011
Last night I removed the BE's after kernel a4e1558c05 and tried to do an update.
after updating to the latest kernel I rebooted the machine and left
for the evening to see if it would boot after a very long time.
This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a log on screen, and
was able to log on to the computer, but it appeared to be sluggish.
Knowing that it did boot I decided to boot the latest kernel with the
verbose option ... and it all booted, slowly, but with no noticeable
differences to a normal boot (with the exception of "network/location
Method or service timed out" after about 5 minutes.
after booting it appeared to be sluggish again, so i ran an "iostat
-zxc 5" and noticed that my hard disk was running with 100% blocking
most of the time, with very low disk usage.
I started some applications (gedit, firefox, thunderbird ...) firefox
and thunderbird were essentially unusable, gedit was just about able
to open and save files.
I would really like to be able to upgrade and look at the kvm code,
and am happy to give any information/logs that are needed.
More information about the oi-dev