[oi-dev] illumos based OpenIndiana DVD

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Mon Feb 21 19:48:09 UTC 2011

* Andrzej Szeszo <aszeszo at gmail.com> [2011-02-21 13:40]:
> Hi All
>
> We've been working on getting the development branch of OpenIndiana
> switched over to the illumos core.
>
> The way we are doing it initially is to take OpenIndiana 148 ips
> repository and add few updated consolidations to it. The
> consolidations that needed updating after switching to illumos osnet
> are: l10n, install, solaris_re.
>
> The resulting repository was used to create live/install DVD.
> Resulting iso image can be found here:
> http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/oi-dev-148a-x86-20100218-1.iso
>
> This is not the final iso as few things need to be resolved first.

Great stuff. What are we going to do about perl-584, are you
going to use packages from an older build?
Also how do we want to handle this in general, just ship perl-584
from an older ONNV for maintaining backwards compatibility and
switch all consolidations to perl-510?  I have a JDS build
against perl-510 ready but AFAIK XNV and SFW are still being
worked on.
--
Guido Berhoerster