[oi-dev] Fwd: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Documentation-Project

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:36:20 UTC 2011

Tobias,

Just checking in to make sure you're still with us and see where we can go from here. As you may have gathered from the list, we've had a few fires burning this week. ;->

A few practical questions that would help. First, you've mentioned that you're doing this for a class that you're taking, so I want to make sure that we get back to you on a timeframe that works for your assignment. Second, I'm providing a pretty random sample of links on various aspect of maintaining documentation, but it would be very helpful if you could provide some pointers to people talking about their experience working with Sphinx, as I don't know that I've covered this very well (I saw there's quite a list provided by the Sphinx project, but I haven't had a chance to run through it and see which projects could best speak to our needs). Third, I just want to make sure I've understood you: you recommend and prefer Sphinx, but you've got a project to do, which you're willing to do with us, more or less irrespective of what options we choose. Or are you more comfortable with Sphinx and wanting to find a project that's keen to leverage your knowledge of the product?

I hope we haven't missed the boat with you, and I'd like to express my appreciation for the interest you've taken in our project, the expertise you've brought to the table, your tenacity in following up with us, and your patience in bearing with us.

Kind regards,
Bayard