[oi-dev] Fwd: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Documentation-Project

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 16:04:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

The documentation tools require an ease-of-use functionality for anyone to update without
much learning to use the tool involved.

Don't have tools that may complicate the learning and acceptance curve. Many people that can write docs want ease of use and WYSIWYG tools that can convert to man->html->pdf->text formats.

Using a tool that is 'not popular and does not meet the mentioned criteria' will get shelved eventually due to limited user acceptance. Even by those willing to learn the tool.

~ Ken Mays