[oi-dev] Feature 1768 - add dovecot to oi-build
Josef 'Jeff' Sipek
jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Tue Nov 15 00:43:38 UTC 2011
On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 11:17:10PM +0000, Colin Ellis wrote:
> bitbucket here:
Awesome, this one was on my todo list. Less work for me :)
1) no need to set --prefix & --sbindir yourself
2) $(ETCDIR) instead of /etc
3) did the `gmake publish` not complain about the missing
4) Do we really need to ship all those .a and .la files? Solaris likes
shared libs a lot - and handles them pretty well too.
5) Do the files in usr/share/doc have the doc facet? (They should; you can
check the published manifest.)
6) Is there an SMF manifest?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not
use a hammer.
— IBM Manual, 1925
More information about the oi-dev