[oi-dev] Extracting archives to a source subdirectory

Alasdair Lumsden alasdair at lumsden.biz
Sat May 5 16:47:01 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Another improvement we integrated into s10-userland was to extract component tarballs into a subdirectory of the component directory. We used:

$(COMPONENT_DIR)/source

We did this primarily so it could be added to .hgignore, as "hg status" on a tree with all the components downloaded, extracted and built would take a very, very long time as hg traverses all the extracted directories. It's also a bit tidier.

It was fairly easy to do this:

SOURCE_DIR =    $(COMPONENT_DIR)/$(COMPONENT_SRC)
->
SOURCE_DIR =    $(COMPONENT_DIR)/source/$(COMPONENT_SRC)

Cheers,

Alasdair