[oi-dev] Broadcom wireless drivers for OpenIndiana

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Apr 25 14:18:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-25 16:07, ken mays wrote:
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> Impressive work and congrats on a successful resolution and NDIS
> implementation!
> Can you and Jim please update the bug ticket as well?

I have yet to test it with my card by building the bcmndis driver
against more different Broadcom distros, and refine the Makefile
if needed for OI building in one step. Also, this work focused on
64-bit drivers, and was not tested (nor really built) with 32-bit.

I wonder if this should be looked into, and if 32-bit kernel is
still really used anywhere relevant (laptops, netbooks)?

Finally, I wonder if anyone in the community can help about WPA
and/or WPA2 implementation - which for NDIS is apparently buried
in the Windows drivers and not directly integratable with illumos
WPA (such as Enrico's work)?

So far I had to reconfigure my home AP to WEP for tests, and I'm
looking into whether I can make it (TomatoUSB firmware) to run
dual networks - WEP and WPA, as used by my other devices.

Overall, this is a very good start, but by far not the end, of an
interesting voyage - and it finally gets my OI laptop networked ;)

//Jim Klimov