[oi-dev] build-essential package review

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Jul 11 01:51:14 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 03:14, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I created build-essential package and I would like you to review and tell me
> what else should be included.
>
> Changeset URL:
> https://github.com/xen0l/oi-userland/commit/7026fe8373c2e15a7d1d88595a8d34214e8d1ed8
>
> Packages, which are commented out are either not found in /hipster and need
> porting from ec-userland or are duplicate (pkg-config vs gnome/gettext).
>
> i started with manifest from ec-userland and I added all things from
> make-rules/build-zone.mk. Next important step is to modify build-zone.mk, so
> setting up development environment
> is not complicated and newcomers have easy way to start contributing. I plan on
> documenting that process as well.
>
> And one last thing, do you guys think that Is there a point in including
> sunstudio12u1 and clang-3.3 as well in this package?

If you want to reduce it to a kernel and oi-developer distribution
only, leave out anything that's not needed. But remember, once OI
was an effort to continue Opensolaris, which was intended to be
run by USERS who do NOT develop a kernel or OS, but use it to do
their completely unrelated work (which, in our case, totally relies
on having the Sun Studio compiler...you seriously can't use
gfortran for any real work !).