[oi-dev] introducing gfortran or make gcc refactoring?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Jul 29 08:47:37 UTC 2013

Hello.

On 07/29/2013 11:54, Andrzej Szeszo wrote:
> Hi Alexander
>
> Lack of gfortran-runtime package is an oversight. I don't think I have
> ever used Fortran outside of a Uni. Didn't realise gfortran compiled
> software relies on a shared libgfortran library.
>
> I have borrowed runtime library layout from OmniOS and I think it
> makes sense. *-runtime packages will carry libraries from GCC 4.7 and
> newer. The libs from newer GCC 4.x will have different so names or
> will be backwards compatible. Here is an example of g++ runtime lib
> which includes libstdc++ libs from GCC 4.8, 4.7, 4.6 and 4.4 (i
> think):
>
> http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/bloody/manifest/0/system%2Flibrary%2Fg%2B%2B-4-runtime%404.8.1%2C5.11-0.151007%3A20130603T175910Z

I see your point.
I've looked at something like this:
https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/gcc-links  to avoid
duplicating libraries in /usr/gcc/4.x/lib  and /usr/lib and avoid mess
with RPATH (for example, libgfortran.so has RPATH set to $PREFIX/lib, so
if we link with it libraries from /usr/lib/gcc/4.7 become preferred to
libraries in /usr/lib.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,