[oi-dev] hipster a8: ILOM remote console broken

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:21:39 UTC 2013

SOLVED !
These were, at last, helpful tips, though I now don't know
why that even worked on 157a7 before !

The problem was that I have installed Java 1.7.0_17 in parallel
to 1.6.0, but the main link via /usr/java to jdk/latest still
was fixed to the 1.6.0 version (I've to check again why I still
need that). JAVA_HOME and the symlinks point to the /usr/java
and should be all 1.6. Running the javaws on the jnlpgenerator-16 file
with the -verbose flag then showed that javaws began to mix
up 1.6 and 1.7 jar inputs for it's different option flags !
Setting jdk/latest to the 1.7 version and restarting firefox
then finally started ILOM again.
Since that mixup was also present in a7, I now really wonder
why that setup worked at all with javaws.....

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php