[oi-dev] mariadb build error on build server

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Nov 11 17:39:24 UTC 2013

The following patch makes thing partly working:

http://pastebin.com/gb0yFvbV

It effectively suppress dtrace processing for mysql plugins and
explicitly adds dtrace processing for sql, partition and csv targets.

I can see that additional dtrace information is generated for these
targets. However, resulting mysqld binary lacks almost all dtrace
probes. Only *ha_partition* probes are present.

I was able to make almost all probes available, but only by hands.

To do this

a) cd sql && /usr/bin/cmake -DDTRACE=/usr/sbin/dtrace
-DOUTFILE=sql/mysqld_dtrace_all.o -DDFILE=include/probes_mysql.d
-DDTRACE_FLAGS=-32 -DDIRS="sql/CMakeFiles/sql.dir"  -DTYPE=MERGE -P
cmake/dtrace_prelink.cmake

b) rm sql/mysqld && gmake

It seems that during automatic compilation
sql/CMakeFiles/partition.dir/dtrace_objects is used, and it is not
supplemented by ./sql/CMakeFiles/sql.dir/dtrace_objects.

Looking at it further....
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,