[oi-dev] Apache2 in hipster broken?

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Fri Nov 15 13:21:58 UTC 2013

Alexander,

I just assumed that the mpm_event module was a hook or wrapper for the
mpm_fork.  If my assumption was wrong then I'm as confused as you are.
If you're right, it may be that there is code compiled in that shouldn't
be.  The Bugzilla report seems to indicate that apache code may be
broken for illumos distributions in some obscure fashion.

If I'm the only outlier, I may try nginx from oi-userland.  It will
probably take a bit as I come up the learning curve.   If nothing else,
I could provide a quick workaround whenever apache breaks so I can keep
updating from hipster.

Gary