[oi-dev] net-snmp perl support

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Oct 18 09:09:58 UTC 2013

On 18/10/2013 09:36, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if it is disabled in omnios, I would ask esproul or postwait in #omnios, freenode.
>
> And anyways, is Perl really used that often in net-snmp that there is a good point to enable it? (I am using SNMP only on network devices, not servers.)
>
> Can anyone comment on this please?

The common way is to use Net::SNMP from Perl instead of an
embedded Perl script in net-snmp. That module does not
need libnetsnmp.so, but is a pure Perl implementation.
Of course, there may be people out there that use the
Perl interface in a snmp trap script, but I've never seen
that in the wild.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php