[oi-dev] review openssl-1.0

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Apr 15 03:10:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

> Waiting for your comments. If I don't receive any negative feedback and
> userland build completes without issues, I'm going to commit these bits in
> several few days.

You might want to consider not using -fomit-frame-pointer.  It makes
debugging more difficult and is apparently not the Solaris tradition
(according to Brendan Gregg).  Linux gets by with this by always
offering a debug version of the libraries.  Considering DTrace
usability and ability to debug without including a debug version of
every library, -fomit-frame-pointer does not seem to be worth it.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn