[oi-dev] New Hipster ISOs are available

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 4 14:53:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Though not important to me, you might want to know that
with the new Hipster version, the firewall cannot be
configured through the gui any more : when using the
administration menu from gnome, it core dumps. When
started manually, I get :

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xe6686ba4, pid=2513, tid=2
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode solaris-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libpangocairo-1.0.so.0.3600.8+0x6ba4]
_pango_cairo_font_get_metrics+0x94
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

The backtrace (available on request) points at the new
gnome library...

Experienced on two computers, one was upgraded from an
earlier Hipster, and one was freshly installed from the iso.

Jean-Pierre