[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] Perl 5.22 integration in OpenIndiana Hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Jul 27 22:36:55 UTC 2015

We now have Perl 5.22 as our main Perl version. During Perl 5.22
integration
some old packages, including Apache 1.3, MySQL 5.1 and Perl 5.10, were
removed.

We deliver all perl 5.22 modules which were delivered for Perl 5.16
earlier. Almost all perl 5.16 modules and Perl 5.16 are kept (the only
removed module is graphviz perl module, which had conflicts with Perl
5.22 module).

Removal of Apache 1.3 means that you can't longer build old illumos-gate
versions. Luckily, illumos-gate builds nicely with Apache 2.2 since
February.

We suggest you to use either percona-server or mariadb instead of mysql.

Removal of Perl 5.10 is more important. It was a relict inherited from
OI /dev and still is used in OI /dev to build illumos-gate. This means
that to build illumos-gate
1) you should have runtime/perl-522/module/sun-solaris and
library/perl-5/xml-parser-522 installed (they will be installed
automatically on pkg update),
2) you should set
export PERL_VERSION="5.22"
export PERL_PKGVERS="-522"