[oi-dev] how to reg wiki.openindiana.org ?

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:58:43 UTC 2016

On 06/ 8/16 11:28 AM, Michael Kruger wrote:

> On 06/08/2016 03:13 AM, Nikola M wrote:
>
>> Can you say few things about yourself as an introduction?
>>
>> You can start writing on topics you want, send me to my e-mail for
>> starters and for quality control.
>> Or to the mailing list itself and we'll see if opening Wiki account is
>> needed.
>>
>> If you have some ideas, feel free to share and discuss on mailing list.
>> I hope you made your mailing list filters in your mail client
>> application, as suggested :)
>
> We're also looking into other (possibly better) ways to present end
> user documentation. But at this moment, the Wiki remains the official
> go to place to write docs.

Wiki is not connected to this,  Don't know why you change the topic?

Also to call something documentation it is not enough to have some
articles..
I would put quality of texts in the first place, everything else is
secondary.

> https://github.com/makruger/website-2.0

Your sites are almost unreadable, because of all thse white spaces
together with large fonts that force anyone taking a look to scroll till
eternity, I get bored very soon.

Plus as I see it is a mishmash between notes, documents, howtos, and
prescribe team organisation with roles that is over-pretentious as
already said before.. General impression is not very positive.

> We're treating docs just like code.

And articles are not the code..

I hope that all that effort dosn't want to "fix" one-click Wiki publishing..