[oi-dev] Lx Zone

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Nov 26 06:22:41 UTC 2016

Hi.

Franklin писал 26.11.2016 00:04:
> Hi devs,
>
> Is possible to make a lx branded zone with CentOS 6? Anyone already do
> it?

Short answer: no.

Long answer...

There is old work on resurrecting lx brand, which could still work on
OI: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/DavidJX8P/lx-zones-restoration/ .
I think that it's your best bet if you want to have something working
ASAP. It's limited and doesn't support fresh linux kernels,
but can be enough to run CentOS 6.

Joyent has done a great work on reviving and updating LX brand. But so
far they didn't try to merge lx brand in illumos-gate.
Dan McDonald ported their work to OmniOS, I expect you can find relevant
bits here: https://github.com/danmcd/io-lx-public.
You can try contact him about cooperating on LX brand, if you are really
interesting. Igor Kozhukhov also has lx working on DilOS.
Given the amount of work, he didn't try to upstream this work to
illumos-gate.
If you want modern LX on OI your best chance is to contact them about
possibility to merge their LX work to illumos-gate (at least to your own
fork).
---