[oi-dev] what transforms and/or actuators for man pages?

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Oct 15 20:05:06 UTC 2019

In regard to: Re: [oi-dev] what transforms and/or actuators for man pages?,...:

> On 10/09/19 08:57 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
>>> In userland, I believe that all/most the mangler.man.stability transforms,
>>> other than the default one setting man page stability to "uncommitted",
>>> should be removed because we can't really guarantee stability as userland
>>> is for the most part a set of third-party open source packages we don't
>>> control and can't promise anything (see my reasoning here
>>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/5060#pullrequestreview-246364150).
>>> Also see the tools/userland-mangler script.
>>
>> I will follow your example and do the same if I touch a third-party
>> component, but what about other transforms in the .p5m file, like
>> the gtk-doc transforms or the locale transform?? If they are the
>> default transform, rather than something special for a particular package,
>> should they be removed too?
>
> Not sure off-hand, do you have an example with such a transform?

When I updated brasero, I added the default locale transform to
brasero.p5m:

 	https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/5088/commits/eabb958f9a849c651f8f3b881d1d6c2659e4f3a8

When I added 64 bit builds to totem-pl-parser, I added the default locale
transform:

 	https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/5086/commits/2f0057f925ae5a9511c828fad71580c008827c0a

Those locale transforms duplicate what's in oi-userland/transforms/locale,
which is applied as part of the publish target.

I was incorrect about the gtk-doc transform, though.  It doesn't look
like that is done by default in the oi-userland/transforms/docs file.
Maybe it should be?

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)