[oi-dev] Status of OpenIndiana Wiki (Atlassian Confluence)

James Madgwick james at madgwick.xyz
Sat Sep 11 17:08:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

I notice the old Wiki (https://wiki.openindiana.org) is giving "503
Service Unavailable". Recently a major vulnerability in old versions of
Confluence, including the version used on the Wiki, has been in the
news. I'm wondering if this is why the Wiki is down?

In any case, I had been making a list of the pages in the Wiki and what
content needed to be migrated. The eventual goal being to decommission
the Wiki once everything useful had been migrated. The majority of the
Wiki's content was already migrated to the Docs website in the last few
years.

If the Wiki has been forced offline, it would probably be easiest to
restore it only briefly to perform a full HTML export and use that in
the interim. Patching the Confluence vulnerability probably wouldn't be
worth it.

James

Vulnerability details:
https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/current-activity/2021/09/03/atlassian-releases-security-updates-confluence-server-and-data