[oi-dev] Status of OpenIndiana Wiki (Atlassian Confluence)

James Madgwick james at madgwick.xyz
Sat Sep 11 19:55:15 UTC 2021

Hi All,

> > Ist there a good way to get a HTML export of the WIKI for migration
> > purposes? If so we could make one and then just dump that to a
> > Webserver and continue to migrate to docs.

I've not yet confirmed if the version of Confluence used supports it or
is configured to have it, but I've seen an "export space" option which
can be used to get a version of all pages in various formats (including
HTML). It doesn't work too well for complex formatting, but as most
pages are just text it should be ok.

We could certainly add those exported pages as static files in the
existing oi-docs repo. That way they could be served alongside the
current documentation. Pages could then be removed as and when they are
migrated.

> I have restarted the confluence service. I would be happy if we can
> migrate the pages that haven't been migrated yet and then turn it off.

That sounds like a plan. It looks like I need to create a Confluence
account to use the export function. I'll try and do that. Hopefully the
export won't bring the server down again.

James