[Openindiana-announce] Announcing OpenIndiana Build 151a

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:13:15 UTC 2011

(Reposting this as apparently it didn't get posted to the list - the release was actually yesterday rather than today)

The wait is over.

Today, the OpenIndiana project is pleased to announce the next
development release of the open source, enterprise operating system.
OpenIndiana build 151a is now available for 32- and 64-bit x86
systems. We hope you're as excited as we are for the first complete
platform for servers and desktops that offers the full power of the
virtualisation, observability, management, networking, and storage
technologies from the illumos project.

Download it today:
http://openindiana.org/download

Head over to the release notes for the full details:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a+Release+Notes

This milestone also marks the one-year anniversary of our first
release. Look for our first stable release in the near future!

Congratulations to all involved, and thanks to everyone in the illumos
community for your support!
-Albert