[OpenIndiana-discuss] AI server from scratch (was: Enhancement to IPS (pkg)??)

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Mon Oct 25 04:27:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Albert Lee <trisk at opensolaris.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Joshua M. Clulow <josh at sysmgr.org> wrote:
>>  http://blog.sysmgr.org/2010/10/openindiana-automated-install-server.html
> I love this solution! It makes AI so much more reasonable. Even if
> you're already familiar with the AI protocol, this really brings
> peace of mind, like knowing that JumpStart is really just
> RARP+bootparam+TFTP+NFS.

Thanks!  I'd like to think we'll always be able to netboot from any
server platform.  It's fine to make it *easier* to do so from OI but
there should be a recipe that works from anywhere and that's what I
was going for.

> I haven't had a chance to go over your distro-constructor manifest,
> but does it differ from the stock AI one significantly? (I'll probably
> be building an AI image for oi_148).

Not particularly significantly.  Diff from stock is here:
  http://pastie.org/1246472

--
Joshua M. Clulow
UNIX Admin/Developer