[OpenIndiana-discuss] Heads up - pkg.openindiana.org

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 01:19:51 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I'm currently zfs sending pkg.openindiana.org to another server (fastdev01 for the time being) to get it off the woefully underpowered pkgdev server.

If the OI devs could avoid adding/changing content on pkg.oi.o in the time being, that would be appreciated as those changes won't be propagated. Once it's moved to fastdev01 tomorrow morning any changes can go there.

Also dlc.oi.o has already been moved to fastdev01, so the zfs filesystems on pkgdev are now no longer in use. I'll leave them around for now as a kind of backup copy. So any new content for dlc.oi.o has to go on the zone on fastdev01.

More (physical) servers are arriving later this week, fastdev01 is just a temporary home for now. We'll have a proper "infrastructure" server hosting pkg, dlc and friends.

Cheers,

Alasdair