[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade from b134: few packages get updated
viskovatoff at imap.cc
Thu Sep 16 16:28:26 UTC 2010
I believe the Thunderbird/Firefox problem IS a server issue. I am also
experiencing it on my second OpenSolaris system, which correctly tries
to update all relevant packages.
I can't go back to snv_132, since I discarded that BE. But I'm guessing
that why going back to snv_132 worked for you is that in snv_133, you
installed the package or packages that are causing the problem.
Since at least four people are experiencing this problem -- you, me, and
two other people posting comments on the Installing or Upgrading wiki
page -- this should probably be reported as a bug.
On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 16:13 +0000, Ron Dawson wrote:
> Yes, I have been observing this same problem as well. I was only getting a
> very small subset of OI to update after doing the 'uninstall entire'
> (essentially just some Gnome/locale stuff). I also went back to 133, moved
> it up to 134 and that didn't work (same problem). I'd only get 36
> packages/54 MBytes.
> Finally late yesterday evening I went back to OS 132, moved it up to OS 134,
> and then tried to move that up to OI 147. That appeared to be working much
> better (it was pulling down a much larger package list) but it eventually
> crashed pulling down a firefox component. I'm not sure if that is related
> to the thunderbird problem others have reported of it was just server
> issues. Will have to try again.
> - Ron
More information about the OpenIndiana-discuss