[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS on pkg.openindiana.org "Framework stall"

Emanuele Pucciarelli ep at acm.org
Mon Sep 27 11:21:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 13:01, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
> It is possible that your problem with pkg-1.de is related. Symptoms
> are that the machine works fine and then suddenly is not reachable
> for 5-20 minutes, then works fine again.  No error messages, no
> faults, are visible in the server logs.  So to one user it might seem
> to be fine, to another user it appears unreachable.

For the record, I have a machine at OVH; ever since they implemented a
fancy new ARP watchdog, or something like that, I've had to disable
DAD (duplicate address detection) in order to avoid being
disconnected. (IIRC, I set arp_probe_count and arp_defend_interval to
zero.)

As Hetzner too has a big network with lots of untrusted machines,
could they have implemented some kind of similar measure?

Bye,

--
Emanuele