[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI meeting April 4th 2011 write up

Kent Watsen kent at watsen.net
Wed Apr 6 15:25:19 UTC 2011

This is a great capturing of the minutes.  Maybe next time have a
hyperlink to the IRC logs?  I was about to ask what's in 151a and when
it's to be available, but just noticed Ken posted this release page:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a.

This looks like it could be the release I've been waiting for.    I've
been holding off on using OI because I didn't know if a smooth upgrade
path to an Illumos-based ON would exist.  Starting with 151a resolves
that concern for me and the timing couldn't be better as I'm prepping to
deploy my next system...

One question, if the alpha is mid-April, when might the final release be
out?  - I'm OK testing on the alpha, but would like to know for planning

Thanks,
Kent