[OpenIndiana-discuss] Antwort: Re: System halts on boot when there is no keyboard

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Mon Apr 11 17:46:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Robin Axelsson <
gu99roax at student.chalmers.se> wrote:

> I read somewhere that according to the original PS/2 specs you cannot "hot
> swap" PS/2 devices but most systems that have these ports can handle it
> anyway.

It's a crapshoot.  I've done it many times successfully.  I've also spent an
hour desoldering and replacing a blown mini-fuse in a motherboard keyboard
power circuit, so those times it doesn't work can be painful. ;)

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics