[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cloud printing in OpenIndiana??

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Fri Aug 12 14:23:48 UTC 2011

On a marginally related question... Does anyone know how to deal with
non-HP printers for HP's ePrint technology? It seems that HP has a check
to make sure the printer is an HP product (even though it meets the
ePrint requirements).  So, even though I have an ipp networked printer
that supports PCL, ePrint complains that it is an unsupported printer.

I think what is needed is an ipp proxy that will announce itself as an
HP device and relay to the non-HP printer.