[OpenIndiana-discuss] GCC Performance hit?

Robar Philip philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:32:14 UTC 2011

I’m not a chat room user so I’m wondering, has anyone looked into how much of a performance hit (if any) illumos and OpenIndiana are going to take by switching from Sun’s compilers to GCC? (Every review I’ve read over the years has found that Sun and Intel’s compilers are noticeably better than GCC.)

Phil Robar
--
Lanie, I'm going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for everyone. That's worth going to jail for. That's worth anything. —Cory Doctorow, Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present - Printcrime