[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing Intel NIC Driver on OpenIndiana oi_148

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Tue Feb 1 18:24:20 UTC 2011

On 01/30/11 23:30, Okky Hendriansyah wrote:
> I just recently build a new rig for mostly virtualization lab and storage.
> It's a Sandy Bridge platform, with Intel motherboard (Intel DH67GD).
Hi,

I just wanna give a heads up to be alert on this.

  that Intel just annoucned their 6 series chipset has a design flaw .
darn,  this problems will affect all the motherboard makers who is using
those chipsets.

"As part of ongoing quality assurance, Intel Corporation has discovered
a design issue in a recently released support chip, the Intel® 6 Series,
code-named Cougar Point, and has implemented a silicon fix. In some
cases, the Serial-ATA (SATA) ports within the chipsets may degrade over
time, potentially impacting the performance or functionality of
SATA-linked devices such as hard disk drives and DVD-drives."

http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2011/01/31/intel-identifies-chipset-design-error-implementing-solution
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/intel-discovers-bug-in-6series-chipset-begins-recall
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4143/the-source-of-intels-cougar-point-sata-bug

--