[OpenIndiana-discuss] E-sata PCIe card problems

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Fri Feb 4 20:54:00 UTC 2011

On 02/04/11 12:33, Michelle Knight wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>    I was reading the man page for the ahci   driver in nexenta core, I's
>> sure it is same in OI,  and at the very end it says:
>>
>>      To bind the ahci  driver  to  your  controller,  choose  the
>>        [AHCI] BIOS option.
>>
>>    wondering if you have already tried doing this?
> Hi,
>
> No, I haven't. I can't find any way of getting in to the controller to alter
> any of its options. There aren't any jumpers I can set, either.
>
> If you've got instructions for doing this, I'd be grateful for a copy.
>
> Michelle.

     Hi,

     The BIOS is software  built into the PC. it  initialize and
identify system devices: keyboard and mouse,etc. your motherboard or pc
manual should
     have something on   how to go into the system BIOS, however, Be
very careful when making changes. Incorrect settings may keep your
computer from booting

     here are a few links that explains  about BIOS and different parts
of the pc.

    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/pc1.htm

  again, that small setting like the achi man page mentions is probably
what it needs if it is not set to ahci in the system bios:-)

--
Regards,
Edward