[OpenIndiana-discuss] Multifunction colour laser printer for OSOL, OI ?

Guy Woolley guy.woolley at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 15 18:52:35 UTC 2011

  Thanks very much for the info. The Samsung "Unified driver for Linux"
package has buried deep in it two folders named "CUPS" and "SANE", so
fingers crossed it might work with OI148 (it does indeed have CUPS
management via localhost:631). On the other hand looking at those
folders there's no apparent reference to any .ppd file. So I'm a bit
confused as to what is being offered. Bizarrely Samsung.co.uk Support
doesn't have an email contact though I could write them a letter (!) or
telephone (chances of speaking to someone familiar with the Solaris 11
family at the end of the phone probably about 0). I'll keep digging and
report back any success.

Guy