[OpenIndiana-discuss] Another [OT] Hardware Post

WK openindiana at familyk.org
Mon Feb 21 13:19:27 UTC 2011

Yes, I noticed a lot of Asus boards support ECC, and I have started using Asus boards. No remote management capability on them, but for my application, I don't need it.

Another thread on this liast reported some problems with Asus boards and SAS/SATA HBAs. In a week or so I will receive a SuperMicro HBA, and learn for myself if there is a problem.

As for RAM, I get mine from Newegg. Here's a 4GB stick for $61

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139077

However, I don't know if that would be available to you or it would be a problem to import.