[OpenIndiana-discuss] No Gcc 4 found in OpenIndiana repositories???

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Fri Feb 25 15:28:51 UTC 2011

* zero mind <zeropyon at googlemail.com> [2011-02-25 12:52]:
> On 25 February 2011 11:21, Hans J. Albertsson
> <hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se> wrote:
> > I came across a web page on the openindiana site that stated clearly that
> > openindiana had gcc 4.3.3 on its repositories starting in b147.
>
> It's in the opensolaris.org repo actually.
>
> > However, my package manager cannot find anything later than gcc 3 in the
> > openindiana repositories.
> >
> > What's up?
>
> If you're using packagemanager it may be set to only search the
> openindiana.org repo, which only has gcc 3.
> In that case try selecting 'All Publishers' from the dropdown menu on
> the left before searching.
>
> It'll be installed in /usr/gcc/4.3/ by the way.

Yes, there is gcc 4.3.2 in the /legacy repo, it is just imported
from the pkg.opensolaris.org/dev repo and broken (see
http://moinakg.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/step-0-to-next-belenix/
for the details).

There is an experimental package of gcc 4.5.2 in the
spec-files-extra project (see
http://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/SFEgcc.spec?revision=3193&view=markup)
However, you would have to build it yourself, see
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+SFE+Packages on how to do
that. We are working on setting up an IPS repo with selected SFE
packages such as gcc.

--
Guido Berhoerster