[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setup serial console on ttyc (the third serial port)

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 20:50:33 UTC 2011

I suspect it would be very easy to fix this in the kernel.
I fixed the missing bits in the asy(7D) driver 7 or 8 years ago when I
was adding 16650/16750 support. I think all that's left to fix is adding
ttyc and ttyd support to usr/src/uts/i86pc/io/consplat.c
<url:http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/i86pc/io/consplat.c#107>.

The other bit that was outstanding at that time was the Device
Configuration Assistant (DCA), which was a complete swine to build.
However, that vanished in Solaris 10 Update 1, being replaced by grub
and some device enumeration support in the kernel, and I would guess
grub probably does support com3 and com4.

--
Andrew