[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building a machine

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:06:20 UTC 2011

G'day.

I'm using OpenIndiana oi-148 on an Atom D-510 motherboard with 4GB RAM. It's working well, although, I'm experiencing these caveats:

1. no video driver support - only VESA driver, no good on a larger monitor. Not a problem for me as I typically run my box as a headless server.
2. only 2 SATA ports is limited for drive capacity.
3. no ECC memory... My MacBook Pro doesn't either. I went for the cheap option.

ZFS + Netatalk for file sharing is providing me with a Time Machine solution that I'm very happy with. (Mostly due to ZFS goodness).

Best,
Matt