[OpenIndiana-discuss] VPN tunnel to cisco with VPNC

Sriram Narayanan sriram at belenix.org
Sun Nov 6 03:56:22 UTC 2011

It's been working for several years, actually. I've been using the
opensolaris (and now illumos)  kernels for my full time desktopOS
since Dec 2008, and have required vpnc for my job which included
administering our Cisco ASA 5520 devices globally as well as remote
administration of our infra in genera".

Please search for "vpnc opensolaris" or "vpnc belenix" or
"site:dynamicproxy.livejournal.com vpnc".

Once I get to a computer, I can post the actual links (I'm on a phone
right now).

I plan to check shrewsoft' vpn client, as well as vpnc's SSL support soon.

-- Sriram

On 11/5/11, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc> wrote:
> Hello Ewald,
>
> Please review the following link, and see if there is anything that can
> assist you.
>
> http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/2005-April/000589.html
>
> If possible, please post a summary if/when you resolve your issue.  VPN
> connectivity is seriously lacking in the *Solaris world.
>
> Jerry Kemp
>

> On 11/ 4/11 03:10 PM, Ewald Ertl wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> has anybody got a VPN connection with the vpnc?
>>
>> I have a cisco VPN gateway.
>> The configuration is set and it seems, as if the tunnel is established,
>> because I got the parameter ( network ), but
>> setting the routing fails.
>>
>> The tun-device is setup, but the adding of the route says, that the
>> network
>> is not reachable.
>>
>> The route for the VPN gateway IP is added.
>>

>> Thanks for any info
>> Ewald

Sent from my mobile device