[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS and aggregation

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Oct 20 10:24:36 UTC 2011

Hi, after reading a lot, I understand that LACP aggregation won't let me run a single
connection on all the available links, but just allocate one per connection.
So, considering this, and considering one NFS client mounting a share through an aggregated
path, I was wondering if multiple files usage by the client will be performed through different
connections so different links.
If the algorythm is choosing the link through MAC &or IP, then I suspect I will still be using
one link all the time from the same client...
Gabriele.