[OpenIndiana-discuss] When will we see VGA passthrough on OI hosts?

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Mon Oct 24 18:50:03 UTC 2011

I've been following the Xen development for a while and I must say that
it has been an exciting pastime. I recently got hold of the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtmwnx-k2qg

where a guy actually pulled off a passthrough of a whole VGA setup on a
system running Ubuntu 10.10. So I'm wondering when we will see something
similar on OI. I know that there is a Xen kernel for OSOL but don't know
about OI. It seems more reasonable to spend time developing Xen for OI
than KVM as it is far more competent as hypervisor and we already have
Virtualbox...