[OpenIndiana-discuss] How dowload OI packages from Linux

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:22:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
> [...]

If that were an apt repository, one could navigate to the .deb files
themselves and download them to be installed offline with dpkg. Once
one finds a package in the above web interface, there are only 3
things one can download:
-> Package Information Summary
-> a p5i file that contains only the package description (not the actual files)
-> Package Manifest (list of files w/ checksums, no actual files)

Using just the web browser (or tools available on GNU/Linux systems),
how does one download the actual files for this package?
pkg://openindiana.org/developer/gcc-3@3.4.3,5.11-0.151.1.2:20120209T200115Z

Jan