[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qmail-to-go on openindiana?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:08:27 UTC 2012

Dovecot's take on Qmail (and other MTA's http://wiki.dovecot.org/MTA )
which states "qmail is an obsolete and unmaintained server. Its POP3
part can be taken over by Dovecot. Qmail started off boasting about
speed and security in the mid-1990s, but has lots of unfixed bugs
(this document includes patches where known), among them security bugs
that remain unfixed, and the security guarantee (500 USD) denied. If
you really intend to continue using it, read Dave Sill's Life with
qmail which contains instructions to work around some of qmail's
security issues. "