[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update errors re: gcc, gmp, mpc, etc.

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Aug 19 07:25:02 UTC 2012

Hi Marc,

Marc Williams píše v so 18. 08. 2012 v 14:45 -0700:
> On 08/ 4/12 03:38 PM, Marc Williams wrote:
> > Today I ran update manager and I'm given a slew of errors regarding
> > the packages mentioned in the subject.
> > Not exactly sure how to resolve it as wanting to remove one or the other
> > might not work because everything depends on everything else.
> >
> Due to other projects and the crazy heat (no air conditioner) I haven't
> used the machine with OI on it until today. I ran Update Manager and
> all was good today. No problems with updates.
> Thanks Milan, it was just a matter of time and your rebuilds I guess.

nice to hear somebody's problem was solved. OI SFE is mostly rebuild,
few bits remains. The same encumbered repo, with one big exception - vlc
is not ready for rebuild because older versions are not compatible with
new ffmpeg and new version is not ready yet.

mplayer and mplayer2 are available (you can install only one of them and
I maintain the first one only).

> The last two updates did produce two 151a-5 backup BEs though.
> First time I've seen those.

"New" feature of pkg, backup BEs are produced if you are not doing
update but install/uninstall bits.

> Good work guys.
>
> Marc

The next step is to fix remaining OI SFE bugs and RFEs and slowly add
new packages. If you will find any problem, log it here:

https://www.illumos.org/projects/oi-sfe/issues

Best regards,

Milan