[OpenIndiana-discuss] Experiences with Supermicro backplane

Florian florian at acw.at
Tue Aug 28 15:37:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

these combo seems to work very well, but openindiana or zfs itself has
some troubles with expanders and sata drives. If you use sas drives,
there will be no problem.

sata may work, but many people had troubles with sata and expanders.

You can look here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1548145

Flo