[OpenIndiana-discuss] High Availability

Butch Whitby jwhitby3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:59:16 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Been watching the mailing list and I've seen a few references and
questions to the HA project that was being worked on for a while.  It
appears that the person who started the project has moved on to other
platforms in pursuit of re-inventing the wheel as it were.

Anyway,  in terms of HA how difficult (I'm an admin not a dev...)
would it be to implement something like HAST and CARP or uCARP from
FreeBSD?

Perhaps more to the point, would it be worthwhile for the community at large?

--
Butch Whitby

"Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but there is
always time to do it again?"
"I prefer routing udp.  I'd explain it to ya but I'm not sure you'd get it"