[OpenIndiana-discuss] dualboot

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 19:52:35 UTC 2012

My advice is don't.  Do one of the following:

Use a USB disk and use the BIOS to boot from that.  You'll need to always plug the disk into the same USB port, but otherwise it's quite painless.  I do this w/ my Solaris laptop when I want to boot Linux.

Use removable drive caddies and a socket.  This is what I do on all my desktop systems.

Install a VM hypervisor, e.g. VirtualBox.

10+ years ago I made a system boot FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris.  It took over a dozen install attempts.  After that I switched to drive caddies.

Have Fun!
Reg