[OpenIndiana-discuss] intermittent CIFS loss, spontaneous-reboot with OI148/151a and IBM Megaraid M5015?

Ong Yu-Phing ong.yu.phing at group.ong-ong.com
Thu Feb 2 01:53:47 UTC 2012

Hi Ken,

The OI148 servers do occasionally "lose" SMB/CIFS access.  But no
spontaneous reboot (yet!).

Hi James,

/etc/syslog.conf is setup with the following:
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   @loghost
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        @loghost

and in the loghost, this is the output (slightly sanitised) from around
when the server rebooted (just yesterday!):
Feb  1 12:06:01 san7.local svc.startd[10]: [ID 122153 daemon.warning]
svc:/network/smb/server:default: Method or service exit timed out.
Killing contract 1511.
Feb  1 12:06:29 san7.local svc.startd[10]: [ID 122153 daemon.warning]
svc:/network/smb/server:default: Method or service exit timed out.
Killing contract 1511.
Feb  1 12:08:10 san7.local svc.startd[10]: last message repeated 61 times
Feb  1 12:09:11 san7.local svc.startd[10]: last message repeated 61 times
Feb  1 12:09:28 san7.local svc.startd[10]: last message repeated 16 times

coreadm is set by default for only per-process core dumps, and similarly
dumpadm shows defaults, I've enable savecore, so will see what i get for
a core dump in future.

Thanks all.

regards, Yu-Phing