[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Boot Fails

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:10:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Bob Palank <bob at stlcc.org> wrote:
> Running Virtual Box on XP Pro SP3 machine with 512 MB.
> Execution stops and I see the attached screenshot.
> VB general information dialog shows Operating system as Solaris and the version is Oracle Solaris 10 5/09 and earlier.

The screenshot didn't make it to the mailing list.

When I run OpenIndiana in VB 4.1.8 on XP Pro SP3, I set it as "Oracle
Solaris 10 10/09 and later". I've had execution errors before, but a
reboot (of the virtual machine) usually solved the problem.

> What should I do?

Try changing to "10/09 and later", try giving it more ram (I
understand there was a reason for giving it 512, but change it to see
if the problem goes away), and maybe post the text of the error (or
upload the screenshot somewhere and post a link).

Jan