[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_151a update?

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Tue Feb 14 13:08:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Today I have run GUI Update Manager in oi_151a, and it has found 871
updated packages, 186.17 Mb in total. I wonder why this update was not
announced at OI website nor mailing list?

After installing the updates and rebooting into new BE, and after login,
all that appeared is black mouse pointer on white background :( Luckily
that was a test OI installation under VirtualBox, and luckily I was able
to boot into previous BE.

I have a production server under oi_151a also, and I will not update it
for a while.

Can someone clarify the unannounced update?

- Dmitry.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!