[OpenIndiana-discuss] Server hangs weekly

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Fri Feb 24 00:55:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Milan Jurik <milan.jurik at xylab.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one of my systems was suffering from very similar symptoms. I had no
> chance to debug it much as it was on remote site in serverhouse. But in my
> case it was lack of memory, system was under significant memory pressure.

I've seen that happen too, but on OpenSolaris.  (Haven't upgraded any
production servers to OpenIndiana yet.)  In my case the cause was a memory
leak in svc.configd.  It would slowly grow until after a few weeks the
system would suffer from memory exhaustion.

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics